The following rules apply to all anglers fishing our waters be they members, day ticket holders or visiting for a match.
- Anglers must not bring the Federation’s name into disrepute.
- Anglers must not behave in a way that endangers the environment, wildlife, livestock, other water users or the general public.
- Notices (permanent or temporary) and bailiff’s instructions must be followed at all times.
- All anglers must be in possession of a current Fishing License in addition to their season card, guest or day ticket as appropriate.
- Gates must be kept closed and locked unless advised to the contrary.
- Gate/lock codes must not be shared with non-members.
- Anglers must not obstruct footpaths and bridleways with any part of a vehicle or item of tackle.
- No litter.
- No fires. (Above-ground BBQs and camping hobs/stoves are permitted but must be supervised at all times and not left unattended).
- Rods which are fishing (cast out) must not be left unattended
- A maximum of 2 rods per angler to be used simultaneously.
- No multi-hook rigs.
- No fish to be removed or introduced.
- No night fishing – except Winthorpe and Girton.
- Except where night fishing is permitted, anglers must leave the fishery overnight – no bivvying-up for a dawn start etc.
- Permitted fishing times are strictly Civil Dawn to Civil Dusk, except where night fishing is permitted or where fishery-specific rules are in place.
- No pleasure fishing from pegs reserved for matches until after the weigh-in has been concluded.
- No launching of or fishing from boats or kayaks of any type on Federation waters.
- No fishing in locks or in close proximity to them and no fishing adjacent to Newark Castle.
- No touring caravans though camper vans are permitted at e.g. Winthorpe subject to ground conditions.
Barbel handling and retention
- All anglers must follow the Barbel Society handling code
- In exceptional circumstances and for extended recovery only, a single Barbel may be retained in a keepnet for a requisite period – Under no circumstances are multiple fish to be retained
- Weighing and photographing of Barbel is permitted but the fish must be returned to the water as quickly as possible – fish welfare is paramount
- No more than 4 Barbel over 5lb to be retained
- Keepnets must be pegged-out facing upstream
- Additional Barbel over 5lb to be weighed and returned immediately